all we do is dogs and books
as the title suggests, our protagonists discuss both dogs and books, and how we, as a culture, underestimate kids’ reading capabilities and emotional capacities. also, Animal Crossing. beware spoilers for I’m Thinking of Ending Things.
links to other things, mostly books, that are mentioned in this episode:
- Carmichael’s (our local bookstore)
- Brownsboro Animal Clinic (our vet)
- “snake ex machina“
- A Peculiar Peril by Jeff VanderMeer
- Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
- Songs of a Dead Dreamer & Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti
- The Rise & Fall of D.O.D.O. by Nicole Galland & Neal Stephenson
- Pete the Cat
a further note from jahnna: don’t read the snake book. it really is too disappointing for words.
also, i would never be mean to a living thing like i was to that animal crossing character. you have to lower the friendship score to basically nil before they’ll move away. he finally left. all is well on bark isle now.